I serve an intolerant God who hates
Pope Benedict XVI announced that will resign on February 28, 2013. This is the first time since 1415, that a Pope has resigned from his office. What will be his legacy?
When Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger was first named the new Roman Catholic Pope on April 19, 2005, he sure was in the news a lot. Most folks really hated the guy because he was so intolerant and hateful.
What are some examples?
- Well, I understand that the Pope was very intolerant of killing babies. He even said that folks who promote killing babies might some day be punished by God.
- The Pope was also very hateful toward homosexual behavior. He said that homosexual sex is sinful and he would not condone gay priests or gay marriage.
- The Pope even dared to criticize Mohmad as a false prophet of a false religion.
These, and many other beliefs, are considered by some to be very intolerant and hateful, which may be the reason some folks are so intolerant and hateful of the Pope.
This got me thinking about God. And I realized something; the God I serve is in some ways like Pope Benedict XVI.
The God I serve does not tolerate the sin in my life.
- God hates it when I reject Him and chose to commit sinful acts.
- God is very intolerant of anything that takes me away from His loving purpose for my life.
- God hates it when I do things that work against His plans to bring blessings into my life.
- God even hates it when I fail to show compassion towards those in need.
So for some, the legacy of this Pope will be his intolerance, but to others his intolerance is simply a reflection of God’s desire for holiness.
Yes, I serve an intolerant God who hates… and I wouldn’t have it any other way!