The facts known about Jupiter continue to pose problems for conventional Solar Nebula theorists for how the planet was formed. Following is a brief summary of these difficulties.
- The Galileo mission discovered that the upper limit for Jupiter’s rocky core is no more than three times the mass of the earth. However, if Jupiter formed from the original solar nebula, a solid core about ten times the mass of earth would be necessary to accrete all the necessary hydrogen and helium.
- Jupiter is too large to have formed from the myriad planetesimals necessary for it to form inside a Solar Nebula over the several million years required to achieve its size.
- Jupiter has significant amounts of elements such as Argon, Krypton, Xenon, etc… 3 times more than expected using current evolutionary models. These elements, according to current evolutionary models, should not have formed on a planet so close to the sun and could have only formed beyond neptune which is 3 Billion miles beyond Jupiter’s current location.
- Jupiter and Saturn comprise 93% of the planetary mass in our solar system. Evolutionary models cannot explain how these planets exist where in their current location because existing models predict they should have migrated into the sun billions of years ago.
In addition to the above, the moons of Jupiter offer more important clues to the potential age of our solar system.
- Io is covered in at least 150 active volcanos and on a planetary scale puts out twice as much heat as Earth. Old Universe models can’t account for this significant lava flow, but Young Universe models would expect this kind of activity.
- Europa has the smoothest surface of any object in the solar system and is covered by a shell of ice. Since cratering is used to determine age in evolutionary models, Europa, studies have shown it takes far fewer impacts to create multiple craters than current models predict which implies a younger age.
- Callisto is the most heavily cratered object in the solar system, but does not match the cratering patterns evolutionary models predict for a surface that is billions of years old. Additionally, Callisto also has indications of recent geologic activity.
- Ganymede has a magnetic field which, according to evolutionary models, it should not.
In short, Jupiter and her moons provide important evidence that the Universe is far younger than the millions and billions of years required to validate current models of solar evolution.
The heavens declare...
A great place to start your own study of astronomy and cosmology is this series by Spike Psarris who was previously an engineer in the United States’ military space program. He entered that program as an atheist and an evolutionist. He left it as a creationist and a Christian. His website, and these 3 videos, help explose the bankruptcy of the evolutionary model, especially in astronomy.