5 Building Blocks of a Good Leader’s DNA
- DNA of Faith: United to YHWH through the power of the Spirit, we live like a family and share our earthly joys and sorrows.
- DNA of Integrity: Inspired by God’s forgiveness, we live open and honest lives toward God and each other.
- DNA of Commitment: We decide each day to count the cost of following Jesus and we choose not give up on each other no matter what challenges come our way.
- DNA of Accountability: We submit to the Father so we can experience the pleasure of His holiness, and build relationships in the church that promote cleansing.
- DNA of Incarnation: In the midst of brokenness, we live in the power of Jesus’ resurrection wholeness so that the world can see, touch, hear, smell and taste the physical presence of Christ in us.
In the coming weeks, I will focus in on each one of the building blocks. Today’s show explore the first building block of Faith.
5 Aspects to the DNA of Faith
#1: Faithful Leaders Exhibit God’s Power & Presence
“Leaders do not have to prove God is guiding them, God’s presence will be unmistakable.” – Henry Blackaby
#2: Faithful Leaders Are Really Dead Man Walking
“Only dead men can follow the God of the cross” – Erwin McManus
#3: Faithful Leaders Have Dangerous Thinking
“How do we ever develop a safe theology from a dangerous Faith?“- Erwin McManus
#4: Faithful Leaders Follow God’s Vision Not Man’s Opinion
“Nations have great men only in spite of themselves, like families. They direct all their efforts to not having them. And thus the great man must have in order to exist a force of attack greater than the force of resistance developed by millions of individuals.” – Henry David Thoreau
#5: Faithful Leaders Know That Success Comes From The Soul
“In the long run, leadership effectiveness hinges on who you are rather than on what you can do. You can learn how to act like a leader, but people will not follow you for long unless you are a leader” — George Barna
A. Destructive thoughts…
#1… “I am not good enough to be an Leader!”
#2… “I am the most qualified to be a Leader!”
B. Constructive thoughts…
#1. Soul leaders are not qualified for leadership, they are called to leadership.
#2. Success of the soul is the goal of every man and woman, but not every man is called to the same thing.
#3. Soul leaders bring lasting health to their church & business.
Next week’s show will explore the second building block.. The DNA of Integrity.