This episode was aired LIVE today as Pastors +Brian Whiteside, +Michael Duncan, and +Jeff Klick discussed “Discipleship: Who are you?” We teamed God’s Word with our latest book, “The Discipling Church.” Guest Panelists: me… +J.R. Miller (Dr. Joe Miller), +Jason Velotta, and +lyn smith,
Post Show Notes
Here are just a few observations that I made during the show. All of these come from the last 30 minutes.
- We are DEFINED by God and KNOWN by our actions.
- I can have a lot of “things” in common with another person, but that does not mean we share the same identity.
- May people think they are good, but their actions show that they have a wrong perception of who they are.
- When the things I DO reflect my identity, then I am in harmony.
- When the things I DO go against my core identity, then I am in disharmony.
- If I allow myself to be defined by temporary things, marriage, kids, job, income, etc…, then my identity will always change as circumstances change.
- If I recognize I am defined by something beyond my circumstances, something eternal, then my identity will enable me to rise above the temporary. Thus I am less likely to become prideful when things are great or depressed when things are bad.