Learning to ask questions is a skill that leads to the greatest discoveries in life.
- As a professor, I employ a Socratic method in the classroom.
- As a coach, I help people discover their own path with questions.
- As an apologist, I use questions to lead people to discover truth.
- And, as a friend, I ask questions to build relationships.
But I am far from perfect.
That is why I am so inspired by the Home Plate strategy presented to me by Peter Strople. A few years back, I had the chance to sit in a room with a few select people and hear Peter share how he connects with other people using his Home Plate. These basic questions help anyone start a conversation that exposes both a person’s being and purpose. Here is the essence of each base.
- Base 1. What is your biggest passion? What do you love to do?
- Base 2. What is your unique contribution to the world around you? What draws people to you?
- Base 3. What is the biggest impact you have made in your life?
- Base 4. Is the impact yo’ve made sustainable? What will be your legacy in life?
Check out the video below to hear Peter Stople himself talk about the Home Plate strategy.