Romans 14:19 (ESV)
So then let us pursue what makes for peace and for mutual upbuilding.
In this video, I outline the difference between Destructive & Productive Conflict. At the end, I give some simple tools so we can train ourselves to respond as instruments of grace who bring reconciliation to the individual and the Church.
A Loving Response To Conflict
- Be a Humble Responder: Submit yourself to Christ (Gal 6:1-10).
- Be a Prayerful Responder: Rely on the Holy Spirit for wisdom (Joh. 16:7-11).
- Be a Skilled Responder: Know the Scripture and let it guide your actions (Mat 18:1-35).
- Be a Discerning Responder: Take your time to evaluate the options before jumping in.
- Be a Loving Responder: Stay on mission as God’s instrument grace (John 15:1-27).
- Be a Connected Responder: Take comfort in the power of God’s Family, the Church.