- This event has passed.
PM-602 Pastoral Ministry
January 18 @ 7:00 pm - 11:00 pm
An event every week that begins at 7:00pm on Thursday, happening 7 times
This course is a study in the essential nature of pastoral ministry and God’s call to fulfill the work of Christ. Students are challenged to rethink traditional ecclesiology and reshape vocational goals through a paradigm of church as family, shared eldership, co-vocational service, and generational leadership. Students will learn to rightly handle their Divine-authority and apply this new paradigm to the practical elements of ministry including the ordinances, child dedications, weddings, funerals, and worship services. — 3 units.
- The Holy Bible. A translation based on formal equivalence, such as the New King James Version or the New American Standard Bible, is recommended for study
- Hellerman, Joseph H. When the Church Was a Family: Recapturing Jesus’ Vision for Authentic Christian Community. Nashville, Tenn.: B & H Academic, 2009.
- Miller, J.R. Elders Lead a Healthy Family: Shared Leadership for a Vibrant Church. Eugene, OR: Wipf and Stock Publishers, 2017.
- Rath, Tom. Strengthsfinder 2.0. Thai edition. ed. New York, NY: Gallup Press, 2016.
- Spurgeon, C. H. Lectures to My Students: A Selection from Addresses Delivered to the Students of the Pastors’ College, Metropolitan Tabernacle. Vol. 1-4. London: Passmore and Alabaster, 1875.
- Supplemental reading as indicated by professor.