RS-608 Contemporary Religious Movements
April 12 @ 7:00 pm - 10:00 pm
An event every week that begins at 7:00pm on Thursday, happening 7 times
A study of the current movements within contemporary American Christianity tracing their emergence from historical and philosophical influences with interpretation of their theological significance for the Church today and for the next generation. — 3 units.
- Dale, Tony, Felicity Dale and George Barna. Small Is Big! : Unleashing the Big Impact of Intentionally Small Churches. Rev. ed. Carol Stream, Ill.: Barna Books/Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., 2011.
- Kimball, Dan. The Emerging Church : Vintage Christianity for New Generations. Grand Rapids, Mich.: Zondervan, 2003.
- Marsh, Charles. The Beloved Community: How Faith Shapes Social Justice from the Civil Rights Movement to Today. New York, NY.: Basic Books. 2008.
- Miller, J.R. Promise Of The Father : Healing The Christian Legacy Of Segregation And Denominationalism. EmergingLife Resources, 2008.
- Supplemental reading as indicated by professor.